title: ‘Automate Nginx Installation using Ansible’ date: 2018-12-19 permalink: /posts/2018/12/automate-nginx-installation-using-ansible-centos/ tags:
- Configuration Management
Nginx is a high performance open source web server which is light-weight and load balancer program which is lighter then Apache HTTP Server.
What is an Ansible?
- Ansible is, in short, an IT automation, configuration management and provisioning tool.
- It uses ‘playbooks’ to deploy, manage, build, test and configure anything from full server environments to web site to custom compiled sources for applications.
It brings together aspects of environment management that have been traditionally separate and manage indepently. Taking control of your environment with a single tool has anumber of advantages
- Server deployment configuration
- Making everything consistent
- Build or hook into other applications and control them as well
- Redeploy fresh instance in case of failure.
- Ansible is very often called an orchestration tool.
- You can avoid doing the same mistake again and again by automating the configuration and deployment process.
Run the below command to install ansible in Centos
sudo yum install ansible
Hello-world with Ansible
Once all requirements are installed and you have you hosts file setup you can give it a test run. For a quick test I put 127.0.0.1 into the ansible hosts file as follow:
Create sample playbook
Run Play book
ansible-playbook helloworld.yml ansible-doc service # will display man page of the service module
Variables and handlers
Below is the folder structure